Argan oil is a plant oil produced from the kernels of the Argan tree that is endemic to Morocco. In Morocco, it was traditionally used to dip bread in at breakfast or to drizzle on couscous or eggs. Women would also often use it to soften their hair and to moisturize their skin but it wasn’t always as popular as it is today.
Now it is widely known for its cosmetic purposes and benefits. However, unfortunately, not all the products available in the market are pure and organic Argan oil . Moreover, they are often mixed with other superficial ingredients that take up more than 50% of the product.
The beauty industry is slowly but surely shifting to a more organic stance. A plethora of age-old natural ingredients have been reintroduced in new-age packaging and by far the leader of the roost has been the very sought-after Argan Oil.
Where does Argan Oil come from?
Often referred to as ‘liquid gold’, Argan Oil has been a prized beauty secret of the Berber women of Southwestern Morocco for centuries.
Now a mainstream beauty must-have, it is highlighted as a key ingredient in many price-heavy products. However, these have very minimal Argan Oil content. 100% pure Argan Oil is rare and expensive. It is derived from the Argan nut that grows on the Argan Trees of Southwestern Morocco. Local Berber women still use the age-old extracting technique of hand-cracking the nuts between two stones.
The nuts are ground by hand with a stone grinder, hand-kneaded for hours, and cold-pressed into an oil. This is a long, painstaking process and it takes one woman 3 days to produce one litre of Argan Oil. Pure, unadulterated Argan Oil is therefore very precious, and expensive.
The Berber women work in fair-trade cooperatives and in 1998 the Argan forest was designated a UNESCO protected biosphere. That made the Argan Oil a sustainable product.
What makes it so special?
Well here are some Key Ingredients in Argan Oil that can help us answer that question:
- Vitamin E: Argan Oil contains approximately 300% more Vitamin E than Olive Oil. The Vitamin E in Argan Oil is rich in an antioxidant called Tocopherol. This antioxidant helps to boost cell production by fighting free radicals. It also improves the skin’s capacity to sustain moisture and heals damaged, dry skin. Tocopherol also works wonders on restoring hair health.
- Omega-6 Fatty Acids: It is rich in Omega-6 Fatty Acids, which maintain the health of the skin’s cellular membranes. This improves the overall elasticity and firmness of the skin and helps protect moisture levels.
- Oleic & Linoleic Acids: Crucial to the formation of prostaglandin, which acts as a healing agent and a natural anti-inflammatory.
- Natural Antioxidants: These act as a barrier to the skin, and protect it from free radical, chemical, sun and external pollution damage.
- Squalene: Healthy, youthful skin produces this antioxidant all by itself. Argan Oil is rich in Squalene. It helps the skin combat the signs of premature ageing. It also has antibacterial properties which make Argan Oil an excellent natural remedy for eczema, acne and psoriasis.
- Polyphenols: It is loaded with Polyphenols. Polyphenols work as free-radical fighting antiseptic with skin-repairing and anti-inflammatory properties. I talso provide a natural UV protection shield to the skin and helps it fight sun damage.
- Ferulic Acid: This is a very rare antioxidant that aids in increasing the skin’s photoprotective properties by four times!
- Sterols: Sterols helps to slow down the ageing process by increasing the skin’s moisture retention. It also optimizes the functionality of the skin barrier.
- D-7 Stigmasterol: Another very rare and highly prized antioxidant that has been clinically proven to help treat wounds, repair the skin and help with the healing process.
- Triterpene Alcohols: Yet another strong skin healing ingredient, proven to be especially beneficial as an anti-inflammatory agent.
The Beauty Benefits of Argan Oil
From the long list of prized ingredients in Argan Oil, we can conclude that this miraculous naturally-occurring oil can deliver the following benefits:
- Deeply moisturizes the skin
- Has anti-ageing properties
- Promotes skin elasticity and firmness
- Has healing, and anti-inflammatory properties
- Can be used as a treatment for skin diseases such as acne and eczema
- Provides natural UV protection
- Adds a youthfully radiant, healthy glow to the complexion
Where Can I Buy 100% Pure, Organic Argan Oil?
Azizatihealthandbeauty.com, is a new health & beauty brand specializing in organic and natural Moroccan products and sourcing 100% pure, organic argan oil here in the UK. So for all your naturally nourishing and effective hair & skin care needs, look no further than azizatihealthandbeauty.com. We are here to bring you the treasures of nature at affordable prices.
We are all about the natural organic products that only use the purest ingredients for the highest quality produce, benefits and satisfaction on achieving its purpose. We are happy to be offering this blog to accompany our website in showcasing our products, and valuable information, advice, support and beneficial tips to help you achieve the maximum goodness of our valuable products.
We hope that this blog can act as a platform for our customers to engage with us directly with their questions, concerns and feedback. We would appreciate your reviews, thoughts and experiences and use it to better ourselves further.
Some Products from Amazon directly:
|Argan Oil – 100% Pure and Organic – Cold Pressed||Pure Organic Cold Pressed Produced and Bottled in Morocco||Premium Quality 100% Pure and Organic Certified||Argan-Oil Moroccan cold-pressed organic & pure – extra virgin|
Looking forward to hearing from you and sharing our latest offers and informative content, so stay tuned 😉
These statements or content have not been evaluated by a Food or Drug Administration or Doctor. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Please confirm any information obtained from or through this web site with other sources, review all information regarding any medical condition or treatment with your doctor. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking medical treatment because of something you have read on this website.